Wednesday 6 June 2012

Red,White & Blue

Is this weeks card challenge on the Scrapbook Sisters Blog and very fitting for a fantastic extended holiday weekend of celebrations. I wasn’t lucky enough to experience any of it London but watched most of it on the TV. I must say that the concert was outstanding. I’m glad I watched it on my own as I had the TV up full blast and was dancing round the living room to most of it. If anyone had seen me they would have thought I’d lost the plot!

Anyway this is my take on this weeks theme.

card challenge 001I drew the Union Jack onto the backing card and the butterflies and coloured with copics and tinted the edges with walnut distress ink.

card challenge 002The butterflies and flowers with ribbon are from my latest digi stamps. The blue paper and postcard stamp are from the ‘Portobello Road’ range from Papermania.

card challenge 007The wording is a Kaisercraft stamp. I used blue micro beads to accent the centres of the flowers  and over the postcard.

card challenge 008Seam binding ribbon coloured with a copic/promarker pen.

card challenge 009Butterflies and flowers cut out and the card assembled.

Don’t forget to enter a card into the challenge. Its lovely to see what everyone creates and gives inspiration to others.

I hope everyone had a great long weekend, back to reality now!

Thanks for stopping by 

Gayle x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gayle! This card is absolutely Gorgeous and STUNNING! Its a true work of art!
    I've enjoyed visiting your lovely blog! You really should enter your cards into some challenges! I'm your newest follower!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. gORGEOUS blog Gayle...i just had to add as a new follower...love your cards and designs...See you around..hugs, Aussie Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comments girls, and one from all the way down under. x

    ReplyDelete