Sunday 1 May 2011

A bit late……..

Hi everyone. A bit late with posting my contribution to Scrapbook Sisters latest card challenge ‘Distress’ , but as the saying goes ‘better late than never’. I’m still suffering with the cold of all colds courtesy of my son and I don’t seem to be able to get into anything at the moment. Its typical  - a bit of time off with Easter and this Bank Holiday and not well!!

Anyway for this challenge I decided to have a go with my latest Tim Holtz die – the umbrella man.

april 2011 032I cut him out from Grunge Paper and coloured with Black Soot distress pad. A second umbrella cut out and I drew on the Union Jack  which tied in well with the Brits theme we had this weekend with that fantastic wedding. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and didn’t Kate look absolutely beautiful. It was truly a fairytale wedding. No one can do what we do – it makes you proud to be British!

april 2011 026

The Paris theme on the top paper section was stamped with Tim Holtz stamps and coloured with distress pads.

april 2011 027

The bottom  paper was a section from Tims new Kraft paper pad. This pad is lovely as it has already embossed sections on it that act as a resist when applying colour to the paper.

april 2011 035I used an embossing pen to go over some of the sections on top and bottom papers and embossed with black embossing powder.

I used the remains of the cut out umbrella man to ink through to create a shadow behind before I used silicone to stick him on to the card.

april 2011 036

If you haven’t entered a card in for the challenge yet there is still time. Good Luck.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gayle x

No comments:

Post a Comment