Monday 18 April 2011

My little Boy ……………..

is no longer little, he has reached the grand old age of 18!  I can’t believe how quickly the years have gone by. It doesn’t seem 5 minutes since he was a babe in arms.

Last Monday was his actual birthday and he asked if he could have a few friends round for a BBQ. When I got home there were about 30 occupying my house! I must admit there wasn’t any trouble. The drink was flowing rather freely and the black sacks were filling up very quickly with the cans and bottles but thankfully no one was ill. I can’t deal with sick!

Saturday we had a family and friends get together at my friends Natalie and Tony’s  Pub The Brickmakers Arms in Gillingham and a great evening was had by all. I would like to thank them for letting us hold the party there and Natalie for the use of her kitchen so I could prepare all of the food.

So for Daniels card. I decided to theme it on his two favourite pastimes – the Xbox and Rollerblading and this what I came up with.

cards 027I drew out one of his skates and the Xbox and coloured them in with Copics.

cards 028The buckle on the boot and the controls on the handset were highlighted with Glossy Accents.

cards 031The lace was a piece of string coloured with a blue Copic marker .

cards 034I cut out the ‘18 ‘ in card and covered with a black raised dotty paper, punched some holes and laced with black string coloured with a black Copic marker.

cards 033I must admit I was pleased with the result and Daniel and his mates were impressed. Makes it all worth while.

I would also like to show the card that Natalie made for him. She is really getting into Tim Holtz at the moment and going great guns.

april 2011 021I love the mans legs stamp she has used.  

april 2011 022The background stamping and distressing is fantastic Natalie.

april 2011 023A fantastic card. Well done Natalie and Daniel loved it.

That’s all for tonight.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gayle x

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time :-) I love your card - the skate is perfect for older boys/young men. Your friends card is fabulous too!! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are very talented Gayle. These are both such awesome cards. Well done. Glad to hear no one got sick, that's one thing I also can't handle. TFS, Dee xx

    ReplyDelete