Friday 24 September 2010

Its been a few days ………

Sorry I haven’t been able to post much lately but as the saying goes ‘not enough hours in the day’ I have just got back from my class at Scrapbook Sisters with  the first of my Digi stamps. I must say everyone did a fantastic job and produced beautiful cards. Its amazing that everyone is doing the same card but every card is different. Well done girls. The images were very well received and I think everyone enjoyed the evening. I will be sharing the card samples soon.

I had my jabs today ready for my trip to India in November and my arms are starting to feel really sore and like lead weights! Its not a place I’d ever thought about going to but the chance came up to stay in the house of my sisters friend and she asked if I would like to go. It will only be the cost of the flight and food so why not. We will be chauffeured around everywhere so we should get to see more than if we were going as a package holiday.

Anyway back to cards. Tonight I’m posting the card I made for Scrapbook Sisters  card challenge ‘over the edge’.

my cards 068 

my cards 071

This was a quick one as I had been busy preparing samples for the crop last Saturday and samples for my class tonight.

I cut a circle base card in the dark green card and a smaller circle in white. The white card I stamped and embossed the Merry Christmas in gold. I then used Distress inks to colour the card. I used a grey copic marker around the left side of the letters to create a shadow. I drew various holly leaves and distressed them in varying shades of green. I moulded the leaves to create some dimension and used silicone glue to 3’d them to the card. I then used glossy accents all over the holly to give them the shine that real holly has and sprinkled on some course glitter. The berries are small circles domed with an embossing tool and glittered.

Have a go you could be a winner.

That's all for tonight. Till next time.

Gayle x

3 comments:

  1. Wow Gayle,I hadn't realised that the wording was stamped,looked far too professional,I assumed it was design papers! What an absolutely fab idea to use the copic around it,really gives a clever effect! Have a great weekend,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful card Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Gayle, great inspiration Sue xx

    ReplyDelete