Monday 31 May 2010

Cutie

A friend had this stamp and I fell in love with it so I stamped a couple of images ready for the Copics treatment.cards 020 cards 035

cards 031

 

cards 036

I hunted my stash for some yellow Gingham paper for the background but you never have what you want so I made my own using copy paper and a yellow Copic marker. Use the Chisel nib of the copic marker and if you put a few 3D foam pads on  the back of your ruler you can draw down with the marker without colourng the ruler. The sunflower head is 3D and the centre of the sunflower  is covered with Glossy Accents and tiny black beads dropped into it. I used the same background paper for the large flower, cut out using Tim Holtz new Flowers die and a darker copic marker to tone the centre of the flower. The leaves are hand drawn. Pearls and beads for the flower centre. Faux stitching using a pricking tool and fine nib marker. A few drops of Glossy Accents on the flower and leaves to finish of.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gayle x

3 comments:

  1. I love him too! I think that flower die is going to have to go straight to the top of my wish list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My laptop died as I posted so this may be a second coment. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so going to have a go at the gingham "Gayles Gingham" shall be appearing on a blog near here very soon!! TFS.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. THe flower looks lovely as does the cute bear. Great card.

    ReplyDelete